3.19.2006

Judy "JJ" Jacobs

"Throwing Caution
to the
Wind"
9" x 11"
Materials & Process: I used powdered Charcoal Gray frit on a Translucent White glass for the figure; then fired it on top of a Bronze Iridescent piece of glass. I used the rolled edges of the sheet glass to give it a softer look.
Detail

Content / Intent Statement: Unfortunately I broke the top right corner off of the piece when I was vacuuming up my work area and ended up adding the small dichroic squares to camoflauge the crack. To me the end result looks like a woman throwing stardust out of her hand, which signified me throwing caution to the wind and gracefully accepting whatever life offers me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your self portrait, especially your little "fix". The dichro really adds pizazz.
Great job!

JoAnn

Cynthia Oliver said...

Rolling with the punches helps when you throw caution to the wind. I like that it's quiet...and then bold.

Anonymous said...

The spirit in this piece is really nice & I love the way you used the bronze to frame it.

Elizabeth