1.22.2006

BarbaraK


"Fantasy Pearls"
9" x 14"
Materials and Process: This piece is made of 90 coe Bullseye Glass with copper foil, interference powders and frit. Multiple layers of decorated glass are fused (each separately and then together) to form a wavy, thick and thin surface that emulates watery movement. The copper was treated to retain the natural surface shine, leaving some areas untreated allowing the red shades to shadow the mermaid. She is wearing gold jewels in her hair and around her neck.
Content / Intent Statement: I loved doing this project. It is fun and refreshing to ask what I could do with glass that portrays me. This is NOT what I would have initially come up with - strange.... Some repressed psyche?

2 comments:

Cynthia Oliver said...

Nice repressed psyche. It feels like it has a patina. And I see the movement. Thanks for playing, and I am glad you had fun. It's a fun piece.

Anonymous said...

Barbara. Someday I might learn a new word, but nicely done. I was surprized at the image that emerged as I did my piece too. Not at all like I originally had thought to do. I also like your stand, is it wood? Susan B