2.02.2006

Jennifer Henrod

"Controlled Chaos"
9" x 9" x 2"






Detail


Process & Materials: I used Spectrum 96 glass. I began with a sheet of blue, added "orange cross hairs" in the center and built out from there with frit to accentuate it. I tacked it all together with Elmers Glue and took it to a full fuse at about 1350. I slumped it through a circular drop ring on 2" posts. It is a triumph as it is my first piece to run start to finish without error. Yippee! I have learned so much since I plugged in my kiln for the first time 5 months ago.

Content / Intent Statement: I took a brain test once and found I am neither right nor left brained, but a balance of both. This piece reflects that I think. I started with a basic symmetrical plan in blue, amber, and a smoke. Then I added large chunks to get the "animal print" looking patterns that represent my near "primal" need to do art. There is a single piece of bold pink dichroic at the center, like me, almost "out of place" in its surroundings. To finish, I accented with colored frits because everything in my world is bathed in color.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From one novice to another....how courageous of you to take on this venture! Enjoy the ride!
Marty P

Cynthia Oliver said...

I have to agree with Stan refarding your courage...only five months ago...and you took on this challenge. Nice going! Keep up the exploration and continued successes. I could use a few lessons in courage from you. Way to go.