1.26.2006

Jan Barker

"Layers"
6" x 6" x 1/2"
Photgraphy by Chris Bailey

Materials and Process: Bullseye glass and snipped rods, Glassline enamels.

Content / Intent Statement: Thoughts: I just started back into fusing 6 months ago after a 10 year hiatus and I wanted to try new things. I decided to make a thick block. I was pleased that it survived the fusing - and now I know I need to polish my cold-working skills as well. The piece itself represents the layers of my life and the creatures who reside there.

Thanks for the opportunity to explore and play - I still have a lot of learning to do and skills to acquire but I remembered right away why I have always been drawn to glass.

1 comment:

Cynthia Oliver said...

I love the wing, the hand...the use of metaphor. Welcome back to glass.